Which businesses will sell well in 2024?
Whatever the economic conditions and global outlook, when it comes to sales, mergers and acquisitions of Owner Managed SME businesses, certain factors hold true, perhaps now more than ever.
Businesses which sell well typically have the same traits, they:
- Operate in a niche market with strong barriers to entry
- Have consistent recurring revenue, with clients often locked in by a service contract or a high level of repeat business.
- Have strong sustainable profit margins
- Demonstrate tangible growth and opportunities to expand
Such businesses include the sectors listed below. This is proven by the acquisitive demand for such businesses that we have seen over the years.
- Cyber security and IT managed services
- Logistics and distribution
- Precision engineering for medical laboratory and food processing markets
- Facilities management, building security & fire systems, and commercial cleaning
- HVAC equipment maintenance
- Software development and Software-as-a-service (SAAS)
We have hundreds of active buyers on our database and consistently receive at least 50 enquiries for each business we market in these sectors.
Good businesses with sound returns and a positive outlook will always sell well. It is always best to sell while you are still successful and enjoying it.
Not sure whether now is the right time to sell your business? Talk to us now
We are always happy to offer advice on valuation and what performance metrics you need to achieve your desired deal value, as well as offer general advice on the various options for exiting your business and when is the right time to sell.