Reference Number: HFS018
Location: North England
Status: Offers Invited
- An outstanding opportunity to acquire a highly successful manufacturer, supplier and installer of custom made blinds.
- Based in the North of England, the company provides a wide range of standard and specialist fabrics and blind styles.
- The company has one of the largest displays of blinds in one of the most well-equipped showrooms in the UK.
- They have a 12,000sq.ft. purpose-designed factory, incorporating the latest manufacturing equipment, located behind the showroom.
- The company supply a wide variety of retail, wholesale and trade customers.
- The company was founded in 1976 and is still a family business which has provided its owners with a constant, stable income.
- The turnover to year end 31st December 2017 was £921,150, with an adjusted EBITDA of £60,332 (7%).
- Retail sales make up the largest proportion of the company’s revenue which at c.25% of total revenue but the company has an average of a further 50 regular trade customers, over 95% of which have been returning customers for 3 years or more.
- Turnover has been consistent in the last 3 years at an average of c.£900k. Average gross margins over the last 3 years is c.60%.
Products and Services
The company provides a free measuring and fitting service and full installation services of their custom made blinds including:-
- Roller Blinds
- Black-out Roller Blinds
- Venetian Blinds
- Vertical Blinds
- Velux Blinds
- Cassette Blinds
- Pleated blinds
- ‘Perfect Fit’ Blinds
- There are 18 employees divided between the factory, showroom, installation and administration, in addition to the two directors (the vendors).
- Showroom and offices with an adjacent 12000sq ft factory.
- Rent £37,980 p.a.
- Rates £14580 p.a.
- Current 5 year lease until December 2019
Reason for sale
- One vendor wishes to retire but the other is keen to remain with the business throughout a handover but also for the medium term if this suits the buyer.
Offers InvitedHornblower have requested an independent appraisal of the business proposition looking specifically at the prospect of obtaining finance on a going concern basis and from the information provided opinion is that subject to fulfilment of all conditions, required by a Credit Committee, an appropriate level of finance is likely to be made available.