Independent Software Vendor – Road Haulage Sector
- Opportunity to acquire an innovative provider of business management; transport management and telematics software and hardware products to the haulage and distribution industry.
- There is a high level of renewable income and products are mainly provided on a subscription based / SaaS model.
- The core customer base is long standing and relationships are very strong.
- The company has completed a number of significant haulier-to-customer integration projects across the client base meaning clients are very “entangled”.
- Significant recent development has created a refreshed product set with some exciting USPs, putting the business in a strong position to compete.
- There is a strong and experienced development team, capable of working up to enterprise level, led by a visionary Product Development Director.
- Currently based in East Anglia with a nationwide client base.
- Founded in 2003 as a systems integrator offering services to mid-sized clients, launched first haulage product in 2007.
- Increased haulage and distribution offering and client base from 2010.
- Restructured over 2013/14 including disposal of systems integrator business to create the focussed and niche haulage and distribution provider of today, which is ready for growth.
- The sale represents an exciting opportunity particularly for a complementary software or telematics provider or installer. Equally the business could offer a serious capability for a 4PL, large haulage or distribution business or pallet network wanting to add a significant competitive advantage through technology and high levels of efficiency.
Products and Services
Natively integrated products and services include:-
- A haulage and distribution business order and transport management system.
- A mobile/in-cab application connecting drivers to end-to-end workflow and back-office operations.
- A vehicle tracking and driver behaviour system.
- The Product Development Director heads a very strong team of seven, including a Finance Manager, a Lead Developer Architect and a Lead Product Support Specialist.
- The business is located in a prime position in 892 sq.ft. of leasehold offices with car parking. It includes the use of a separate communal kitchen, staff area and board room. A break in the lease has been agreed for January 2018.
- The total accommodation costs including rates and utilities are £2240 per month.
Reason for sale
- After disposing of one arm of the business and restructuring to focus on products rather than services, it was decided that only one of the three Directors/Vendors, the Product Development Director (now the MD), would be required long-term and that new ownership would better enable growth and further development.
- The new Managing Director would look to continue his involvement with the business under new ownership and has led the business for most of 2015 with only a very light touch from the other directors.
|Year ending 31st March||2013||2014||2015||2016 Forecast|