Niche Precision Engineering Company SOLD
– An outstanding opportunity to acquire a highly successful CNC and precision engineering company with a niche specialism in analytical instrumentation and laboratory equipment.
– The company has developed specialist skills in the production of highly complex components with the capability to machine, coat and heat treat complex profiles within extremely tight tolerances.
– The company operates within the niche market of analytical instrumentation and laboratory equipment; it also undertakes work for the aerospace, defence and motorsport customers.
– The company focuses on batch production of components to customers' delivery schedules and Kan-Ban call-off, and has developed an outstanding reputation for quality of workmanship and customer care.
– Despite a dip in sales during 2008 and 2009, the business is experiencing a significant growth with strong profitability and cash generation. Sales in the financial year 2010-11 surpassed levels seen prior to the recession and the business is on track to achieve sales of £1.2m in 2011-12.
- Circa 90% of the business is recurrent work from the existing client base, which leaves significant potential for the new buyer to expand the business through re-invigorated marketing.
- The company operates from one location the West Midlands UK.
Products and Services
- The company produces highly complex precision engineered components using a range of materials including Stainless Steels, Aluminium Alloys and polymers.
- The company places a priority on delivering quality first time and operates quality Management System in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001-2008.
- 2 directors + 22 staff including 2 team leaders, 11 skilled engineers, 10 machine operators, 1 quality/admin and 1 store man/driver.
- Leasehold premises in West Midlands UK
Reason for sale:
- To allow one of the two directors to retire. The operations director is however open to staying on in a management capacity for some time to come subject to agreed terms.
|Year ending 31st March||2010-11||2011-12