Precision Engineering, Tooling and Gauging Business SOLD
– An outstanding opportunity to acquire a precision engineering business with a niche specialism in aerospace turbine components and production line fixtures, fittings and gauging for medical, nuclear and automotive sectors.
- Established for over 25 years, circa 90% of the business is recurrent work from the existing client base, which leaves significant potential for the new buyer to expand the business through re-invigorated marketing.
- The business has six main clients including some well know names. Revenue is split fairly equally across the six clients.
- The business is located in South East UK.
Products and Services
- The company provides design and precision manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive, medical and other industries along with bespoke tooling, gauges, special purpose machines, tools and lifting equipment.
- With an internal calibration laboratory, the company also offers these facilities to clients for pressure testing, calibration and cutter grinding services.
- The company is ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 approved.
- The owner + management team of 5 staff + 11 qualified engineers + 25 machine operators/fitters and non-skilled staff,
- Leasehold premises: Rent £81k, Rates £31k. 2yr lease. 20k Sq.Ft
Reason for sale
- The business is a standalone subsidiary within a company. The owner wishes to divest of this side of the business in order to focus on the company’s core business.
|Year ending 30th June||2008-09||2009-10||Forecast 2010-11|
– Although the business has made losses in the past 2 years, the owner has taken action to address this and expects the business to breakeven this year.