Documentation and Information Required
Preparation is key when selling a business. It is important to ensure that management information is up to date, readily available and clearly presented.
Hornblower helps sellers to prepare this information and will produce a full Sales Memorandum to enable buyers to make an informed decision whether to proceed.
The following is a list of the Documentation and Information that we will typically need to prepare your business for sale:
1. Complete set of accounts for the last 3 years including the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement
2. Current order book and forecast for the next 12 months
3. List of top 5 to 10 customers and their annual spend
4. List of top 5 to 10 suppliers and your annual spend with them
5. Asset list – purchase value and date acquired
6. Any advertising / brochures / marketing material used
7. 2-3 testimonials – pictures of work done, indicative contract value, feedback and appreciative comments from clients
8. List of main competitors / competitor products
9. Staff details: list of permanent and contract, full-time and part-time staff, salary, age, time served with the company, qualifications
10. Pricing and charge structures (e.g. hourly rates, standard price for a particular service or product)
11. Copy of a typical client contract with your standard terms and conditions
12. Premises: freehold or leasehold. If leasehold: terms (duration and next renewal/rent review date), rent and rates