Reference Number: HES268
- Outstanding opportunity to acquire a successful tutorial agency in London.
- Its services cover all the London postal districts and outer London postal codes.
- It is a profitable and successful cash generating business.
- Established in 1982, the agency has run for over 30 years and has a long standing reputation for its excellent service to its customers and tutors alike.
- More than 80,000 London families have used the agency since it started operating.
- It provides one-to-one home tuition, mainly to school-age children, throughout London in all curriculum subjects from primary to degree level.
- Clients are mainly parents of school aged children plus some independent schools, colleges and local authorities also use the service.
- Its key to success is personal service underpinned by effective administration, which ensures that all clients are dealt with quickly and professionally.
- It has an extensive database of tutors – this is critical to a scale operation.
- Run by the owner from home office on a part time basis, approximately 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, school term time only.
- Currently the business runs exclusively from repeat business and personal recommendations. Within current systems and processes, through active marketing, the business could easily be built up by a further 150% of its current operation.
- It presents a great opportunity for an ambitious individual with good organisational skills and knowledge of marketing to acquire a platform from which to grow their own business.
- It is also an ideal opportunity for either another tutorial agency to expand its coverage or other service orientated businesses that wish to diversify and acquire an additional revenue stream.
Services and Products
- The agency offers tuition to students (predominantly school aged) in their own homes. The agency also provides tutors to clients in the education sector – this accounts for 3% of turnover.
- The agency currently has registered tutors who cover all curriculum subjects at all levels.
- The agency interviews and selects tutors and matches them to the individual clients’ requirements.
- Assisting preparation for GCSE accounts for 36% of tutorial work, and A/S and A2 preparation accounts for 31%. Primary and entrance exams accounts for 17% and KS3 12%.
- 1 director (vendor) acting as agent to freelance tutors.
- Part-time office assistant
- The business operates from the vendor’s home.
Reason for sale
- The vendor wishes to retire and is prepared to provide a full handover for the business.
|Year ending 31st March||2011||2012||2013||2014||Forecast 2015|
|Gross fee income (tutor + agency fees)||£441,837||£411,785||£383,075||£373,780||£375,000|
|Net profit before tax||£26,087||£24,200||£21,752||£23,142||£23,500|