Reference Number: HBM053
Location: North England
Status: Offers Invited
- An outstanding opportunity to acquire a highly successful manufacturer and supplier of healthcare equipment servicing local authorities, the NHS, residential care homes and private customers.
- Based in the North of England, the company provides a range of specialist patient lifting products including ceiling and mobile hoists, profiling beds, stand aids and riser recliner chairs.
- The company also manufactures its own range of moving and handling products including patient lifting slings, handling belts and bed rail bumpers. The company manufactures a standard range of products but also has the capability to manufacture bespoke equipment to a customer’s specification.
- The company has over 150 customers with no one single customer accounting for more than 18% of the turnover.
- The company also provides equipment servicing with a team of field service engineers, 24 hour callout and a quick breakdown service for all contracted customers. The service contracts for customers range from 3-5 years in length.
- The business has grown significantly throughout the economic downturn and in the financial year to June 2014, turnover was c.£2.7m with an adjusted EBITDA of c.£585K (22%).
Products and Services
The company provides the following products as well as a comprehensive range of support services to maintain and repair them:
- Ceiling Hoists
- Mobile Hoists
- Patient Lifting Slings
- Moving and Handling Equipment
- Therapy and Changing Couches
- Bathing and Showering Equipment
- Bath and Pool Hoists
- Profile Beds
- Recliner Chairs
- 2 directors + 4 Key Managers (non-shareholding) and 40 staff.
- Recently acquired and refurbished high quality freehold premises consisting of approx. 15000 sq ft of manufacturing, showroom and office space. The Vendors preference is to retain the premises, so a new lease would be provided to the acquirer.
Reason for sale
- The Vendors believe that the long term growth prospects for the company would be better served by working within the infrastructure of a larger company. Both Vendors will support a full handover of the business into new ownership and one of them, the MD who is 50 years old, would also be susceptible to staying with the company on a long term basis.
|Year ending 30th June||2010-11||2011-12||2012-13||2013-14|
|Net profit (before tax)||£524,966||£485,831||£392,626||£501,338|