Reference Number: HCM065
– An opportunity to acquire a highly established specialist engineering company that designs and manufactures a range of stainless steel gas springs which are now supplied across the world.
– The company pioneered the application of 316 grade stainless steel gas springs.
– Expertise has also been developed in the manufacture of Titanium produce for which the market uptake is still developing.
– The company has great strength in certain niche markets especially the marine field but also with a strong presence in the aerospace and food processing sectors.
– The company supplied over 200 customers in its financial year 2011/12 with no one customer accounting for more than 20% of the turnover.
– The company focuses on batch production of components to customers’ delivery schedules but will also work on a bespoke project basis with no minimum order quantity.
– Despite a dip in sales during 2010 the business has held up well in the economic downturn has closed off its financial year 2011/12 with a 10% YOY sales increase.
– The majority of the business is recurrent work from the existing client base and although new customers are constantly being added to the order book, there is significant potential for the new buyer to expand the business through more aggressive marketing.
– There is strong succession/leadership in the business with very limited involvement from the current directors day to day.
– The company is a BS EN ISO 9001–2008 accredited company
– The company operates from one location in East Midlands and has agents and distributors in the USA, Italy, France, and Singapore.
Products and Services
– The company manufactures a range of Compression,Tension and Locking Gas Springs, many of which are designed for specific customer applications.
– The company’s range of gas springs can also be modified in manufacture so that they function as dampers/shock absorbers and the company also manufactures a range of affiliated products including gate closers and brackets.
– The company places a priority on delivering quality first time and operates a Quality Management System in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001-2008.
– 12 staff including a Technical Sales Manager, a Production Supervisor, 7 skilled engineers/machine operators, an Engineering Storekeeper and 3 support staff.
Premises: Leasehold premises in East Midlands UK
Reason for sale: To allow the directors to retire.
|Year ending 31st March|