Reference Number: HFL260
Location: East Midlands UK
Status: Offers Invited
- An outstanding opportunity to acquire a well-established sports protection soft-body armour product and brand. The sale is for assets and goodwill only.
- The products are predominantly sold to the motorcycle (85%), ski and snowboard markets (15%).
- The brand was officially launched in 2009 after many years of low level development.
- The product brand and sales are managed from the vendor’s base in the East Midlands, but operations could be located anywhere globally.
- The product range was the first soft armour body protection on the market worldwide.
- The brand’s core values are quality, design, innovation and performance. The products are British designed, developed and tested.
- Reputation for quality and performance and high-end, style conscious products.
- Wealth of knowledge and experience within the transferring staff regarding shock absorption materials and associated complex CE-testing structure.
- The unique shock absorbing design structure is IP protected throughout its main markets (EU/USA/China) and all products are CE approved.
- Strong UK dealer network of around 200 active outlets.
- Worldwide distribution into 41 countries using 33 distributors.
- Projected sales to December 2015 are £1.67m.
- The purchase of the business would represent a strong acquisition opportunity for either:
- a specialist sportswear supply company
- a specialist personal protection company
- a sports retail business with a large national and online presence
- an E-commerce website with a warehousing & fulfilment infrastructure
- a private equity/investment group with e-commerce businesses within their portfolio
- An extensive range of sports protection soft body armour with built in shock absorption for the motor, mountain bike, ski and snowboard industries.
- A small range of climate control sports clothing which can be used in conjunction with the body armour.
- All products are independently CE-tested by the world’s leading test and technology centre, SATRA.
- All products incorporate RPT (Repeat Performance Technology) – to ensure continued and consistent protection even after multiple impacts.
- A small, highly skilled and experienced team.
- In the current organisation there are 4 staff dedicated to the brand including two long standing executives in the roles of Product Development Director and Sales Director.
- There is flexibility regarding staff transfer depending on the needs of the acquirer.
- The staff working for the brand are based in premises in East Midlands which are leased by the current holding company.
- There is also an assembly/conversion operation and warehousing covering approximately 11,000 sq. ft allocated to the product.
Reason for sale
- The current owner of the brand wants to concentrate on its core business and consolidate opportunities in that area of its business and, therefore, wishes to divest of the body armour brand.
- The body armour brand has reached a stage in its life cycle where it needs additional resource in both sales and in the evolution of its product range and a business to consumer retail facing specialist company, in a relevant market sector would be better positioned to provide this.
|Year ending 31st December||2012||2013||2014||2015 (Forecast)|
|Contribution after direct costs||£479,553||£517,390||£697,6538||TBC|