Reference Number: HFS286
Location: South East England
- Opportunity to acquire a 70-year-old family business which manufactures and supplies ground support equipment and aircraft production tooling to the aviation industry and military.
- Specialising in design and manufacture, the company has been supplying the UK’s Ministry of Defence for over 60 years and other major aircraft manufacturers and aircraft operations for over 50.
- The company is located in the South East of England in a prime location close to motorway networks and a major airport.
- With extensive knowledge and experience of sector, the company has established a strong range of reliable products and solid contractual links with its client base. In addition, it designs bespoke products for its clients which it owns or share-owns.
- The company’s financial performance reflects the need to drive sales and marketing to build on a strong core performance.
- The business could successfully expand into the commercial aircraft manufacturing and operating sectors.
- There is scope to considerably develop the ‘spares and repairs’ arm of the business.
- Existing products could be extensively marketed to customers in Europe and Worldwide.
- The company is ISO 9001 accredited. All products carry the CE Mark and a 12-month warranty (minimum).
- The sale offers an outstanding opportunity as a bolt-on opportunity for a company looking to break into the military aircraft industry sector or expand their existing operations.
Products & Services
The core business is designing and building products to a client’s bespoke requirements.
In addition, they sell their own range of ‘off-the-peg’ ground support equipment and aircraft tooling products including:
- Aircraft Maintenance Jacks and Wheel-Change Jacks
- Tyre Inflation Kits
- Charging Regulators
- General Purpose Aircraft Chocks
- Oxygen and Nitrogen Charging Trolleys
- Sales and product advice
- Replacement parts and spares
- Repair of equipment.
- 33,000 sq. ft. of land including offices, factory, store-room and car-parking.
- The vendors are open to including the purchase of the freehold within the sale. A property investor may wish to acquire the premises for redevelopment whilst an engineering-focused buyer may wish to acquire the trading business alone.
- In addition to the vendor, there is a full time Operations Manager who runs the business day to day, 2 managers, 2 administration staff and 7 operatives (2 of whom are sub-contracted).
- A part-time Design Manager oversees the design facility.
Reason for sale
- The vendor is in his seventies and wishes to retire. No family member is available to take on the business.
|Year ending 31th July||2013||2014||2015||2016 Forecast|