Reference Number: HGM043
Location: North Wales
- Opportunity to acquire a well-established landscape construction company based in North Wales.
- The company, founded in 1992, has a secure footing in North Wales with limited serious competition in the area.
- They cover a wide operational area throughout north and mid Wales, the North West of England, Cheshire, Lancashire, the Wirral and Shropshire.
- In recent years the business has performed consistently and has shown significant growth in the financial years 2015 (c.10%) and 2016 (c.17%).
- The management team is extremely strong and is able to run the business day to day. Over the past three and a half years, the MD/vendor has progressively handed over the bulk of his responsibilities to them.
- The business provides a total landscaping project management service, from planning and design through to construction; working closely with clients, landscape architects, and engineers.
- With a solid in-house team and strong network of external sub-contractors, the company is able to undertake projects of all sizes; from laying a simple lawn to re-creating a large, £1m multi-skilled scheme.
- Contracts are varied and include local authorities, developers, construction companies, landscape architects and private clients. The company operate as both main contractors and sub-contractors.
- Apart from the website, the company have never advertised. The majority of their work comes from repeat business with local clients accounting for around 50% of the turnover.
- They are members of the British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI), Constructionline (445770), are CHAS registered and approved, and certified for ISO 9001, 14001 and Highways Sector Scheme 18.
The company specialises in both hard and soft commercial landscape construction and aftercare maintenance contracts including:
- Consultancy Services – Fencing
- Tree and Shrub Planting – Earth Works
- Walling, Paving and Decking – Sports-field Renovation
- Seeding and Turfing – Lakes and Ponds
- Two vendors plus 13 employees including a Contracts Director, a Contracts Manager, Team Leaders, Administrative Assistants and Operatives.
- In addition, the company have a solid network of external sub-contracted trade suppliers and specialists.
- 6-year lease expiring in June 2017.
- The annual rent is approximately £14,800, electricity £2140 and the rates £3160.
Reason for sale
- The vendors believe that they have taken the company as far as they can and now wish to semi-retire. They feel that the significant growth potential of the business would be better realised by a larger company with the resources to expand across a wider geographic footprint.
|Year ending 30th April||2013||2014||2015||2016