Reference Number: HEM270
Location: South East Australia
Turnover: AUD 1.1m
- Long-established IT software company of 21 years, based in South East Australia.
- Specialist in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Software easy to use and flexible – able to adapt to different operations, environments and scenarios without the need for customisation.
- Extensive customer base (60+) throughout Australasia (predominantly Australia but also New Zealand, Indonesia and China).
- Supports a wide range of large laboratories, predominantly from competitive, time- sensitive, commercial markets.
- Turnover to June 2014 was AUD$1.035m, with an adjusted EBITDA of $228k (21%). Forecast turnover to June 2015 is c.$1.056m with an adjusted EBITDA of $410k (39%). Four year average EBITDA of c.31%
- Recurring annual maintenance contracts accounting for one third of turnover.
- Individual systems sell for $50K to $200K – the cost typically recovered by clients in the first 2 years by efficiency gains alone.
- The systems enjoy an almost 100% up-time. Highly stable database, able to withstand major network and server crashes without corruption.
- Strong customer service and competitive advantage – rapid response and turnaround times, bespoke service and a low error rate.
- Recently introduced partnership with a Cloud service provider enabling remote access and seamless operation.
- Small team with strong experience base.
- Core product has been internationalised – huge potential for export/international growth.
- The acquisition offers the chance for an existing software company to add a new product to their portfolio or for the right laboratory supplier to provide an additional offering.
Products and Services
- Fully integrated Laboratory Information Management System with support and maintenance contracts and add-on functionality modules.
- There are currently 8 staff, and a second customer service officer is to be appointed imminently.
- High quality, contemporary offices in South East Australia. Current lease is for 3 years to September 2017.
Reason for sale
- The vendor is approaching retirement age and is looking to sell the company. He is willing to support a handover for as long as is required.
|Year ending 30th June||2012||2013||2014||2015 (forecast)|