Reference Number: HA0077
Status: Offers Invited
- Outstanding opportunity to acquire a successful import and distribution company, specialising in food and beverages for the retail and wholesale market.
- This is a profitable and cash generating business, which continues to deliver good profits despite the current economic climate.
- Established in 1998 based in London, the business has developed an extremely loyal client base with over 315 regular clients. The client base is evenly spread with no one client representing more than 10% of the revenue.
- Over 90% of current business is from the existing client base.
- This business would be of particular interest to other import and distribution/wholesale businesses that are looking for a bolt-on acquisition to add to their portfolio. Significant synergy savings are possible for such buyers who already have a base in London/South East UK.
- The business would also be of interest to investors wishing to enter into this market, offering a simple to run business but with an operational infrastructure, a reliable client base, supplier relationships and credit agreements all already in place.
Products and Services
The business imports and distributes products from Brazil and Portugal:
- Ready made and tinned food products and ingredients
- Soft drinks and beverages
- Frozen meats and fish
- Refrigerated meats, cheeses and fish
Products are sold to Brazilian and Portuguese retail businesses and wholesale clients.
- 2 directors (vendors) + 4 warehouse staff and drivers + 1 admin + 1 p/t bookkeeper
- The business operates from leasehold premises:
- Rent: £24,000 per year
- Duration of lease: Ongoing with 1 month notice period.
- Warehouse area: 3115 sq.feet (289m2) + Yard space: 2157 sq.feet (200m2)
Reason for sale:
- The vendors wish to retire.
|Year ending 31st March||2011-12||2012-13||2013-14||2014-15||2015-16||2016-17 Forecast|
Further synergy cost savings of £140k are possible through closure of the warehouse site and reduction of warehouse staff. Based on the 2015-16 forecast figures, this would enable the buyer to achieve an EBITDA of £192k.
The stock value averages at around £150k