Reference Number: HB0166
– Outstanding opportunity to acquire a successful Hosted Virtual Desktop company, based in London, but easily relocated.
– The business has delivered steady growth over the past 5 years and achieves c. 21% net profit.
– The company was established in 2001 and the switch to the Hosted Virtual Desktop model started in 2005,
– The company has developed an extremely loyal client base which is evenly spread with no one client representing more than 14% of the revenue.
– Over 95% of the revenue is recurring with 45 clients who have online hosting contracts and make regular monthly payments by Direct Debit.
– The business has a well defined brand and unique service offering in what is a crowded market sector: focused on resellers but also selling to end client users.
– The business employs a virtual team who can run the business day to day with minimal input from the vendors, who are focused on business development and sales, as well as on other business interests.
– This business would be of particular interest to other hosted solutions companies that are looking for a strategic acquisition to add to their portfolio or indeed IT support businesses that are looking to diversify into this area.
Products and Services
– The business offers online hosted solutions and support services on a business to business basis including the following:
– The principal product sold is a Hosted Virtual Desktop (HVD) solution which offers a fully featured and mobile desktop experience, made possible by moving all processing, memory and storage from the desktop or the on-premise server to a centralized infrastructure.
– Users have a fully functional desktop that can be accessed from anywhere using any internet-connected device. HVD and associated technical support is paid for on a monthly subscription model.
– Besides hosted virtual desktops, the company successfully offers virtualisation and hosting of desktop-based applications.
– Naturally, HVD is currently among the fastest growing areas in the IT industry.
– 2 directors (vendors) + outsourced technical support + outsourced datacentre infrastructure
– The business operates from a virtual office address, the two directors both working from home.
Reason for sale:
– The vendors wish to concentrate on other unrelated projects.
|YE: 30th Sept|
9 Months to 30/6/2012
|Total Sales revenue|