Reference Number: HDA007
– Outstanding opportunity to acquire a profitable and growing flight simulator business in the Home Counties UK.
– The company has two professional flight simulators and provides time in those simulators with commercially qualified pilots for the experience day/gift and leisure market as well as the commercial training market. It has also developed and runs ‘fear of flying’ courses, corporate days, group bookings and day courses
– The business represents an excellent opportunity for growth having already achieved sales of £240k and 28% adjusted EBITDA in only its second year of trading.
– Sales in 2013 are expected to reach £275k, up 15% with a adjusted EBITDA of 44%
– The business has established relationships with all the large referral and leisure experience websites as well as a professional pilot training organisation. It also attracts a large percentage of business directly via its own website due to excellent paid and non-paid internet marketing strategy.
– There are a number of opportunities to grow the business including the possibility to franchise the business across the UK and internationally, retail flight simulator related parts and the business has a commercial arrangement to resell flight simulators for a leading manufacturer – an area not yet developed.
– Opportunities also exist to grow the professional training market and corporate entertainment business as well as the leisure market which is currently the mainstay of the business.
– We believe this is an ideal opportunity for an entrepreneurial aviation enthusiast looking to leverage the current success of the brand by adding further national or international branches, act as a highly enjoyable lifestyle business or indeed act as an excellent bolt-on acquisition for a strategic buyer looking to expand their simulator or leisure experience business further.
– 2 directors (vendors) + 7 qualified flight instructors (all contractors) + 2 part-time operations assistants.
– The business operates from a leasehold unit with a reception area, administrative office and space for the two simulator units
Reason for sale:
– The vendors wish to move abroad.
|Year ending 31st January|
The adjusted EBITDA is stated after having paid the replacement cost of the vendors.
The fixed assets include the 2 simulators and office furniture and equipment. To replace the current simulators with a like for like specification would cost approximately £320,000 to £350,000