Reference Number: HDH260
Status: Offers invited
– Outstanding opportunity to acquire a successful construction and utility equipment sales, parts and service business in the South East UK
– This is a highly profitable and cash generating business, which has achieved strong growth over the past 5 years despite the current economic climate, and continues to grow.
– Sales for the YTD are on track for over £8m in 2013 with an EBITDA of £670k.
– The business operates a simple business model based on:
- New and used equipment sales,
- Aftermarket parts sales, and
- Service under warranty and preventative maintenance contracts
– The company has distributor rights in the UK for a well known international brand and manufacturer of construction, industrial and agricultural equipment.
– There is a capable management team is in place, which runs the business day-to-day with minimal input from the current owner.
– The business benefits from highly honed business processes and sales strategies that have been developed and proven over the last 30 years. A new owner coming into the business would be able to benefit from the processes, infrastructure and management team that are already in place.
– Targeting regional hire companies as well as industrial and agricultural end users that run a fleet of 2 to 5 machines, the business is rapidly expanding its market share with more and more machines in the field bringing in profitable service business.
– The product range includes loaders, excavators, telescopic handlers.
– 1 general manager + 9 staff
– Offices, warehouse and yard. Rent: £55k per year. Rates: £ 26k per year.
Reason for sale
– The business is part of an existing group of companies based outside of the UK. Although the UK operation is successful, the owners have decided to concentrate on their domestic divisions.
– The vendors would be happy to provide a full hand-over period subject to terms.