Reference Number: HHS066
Location: London and home counties
Status: UNDER OFFER
- Outstanding opportunity to acquire a business for the supply, installation, service and repair of commercial catering equipment in the London and home counties area.
- The sale offers an outstanding opportunity to an existing catering or electrical equipment or gas engineering maintenance business wishing to expand its client base and/or geographical coverage.
- Clients include restaurants, hotels, housing associations, large corporations, the leisure trade and schools. Many of these clients are household names or major brands in the restaurant space.
- Established in 1973 the company has built a strong and enviable track record, and a very loyal client base
- Excellent reputation for high quality service and customer care
- In the 12 months to 31st January 2017, the business has achieved a total revenue of £416k with an adjusted EBITDA of 17% at £71k.
- The business’ turnover has been consistently within the £430k to £470k range over the last 5 years
- 2018 is set see revenue up to £470k and adjusted EBTIDA at 11%.
- The business serviced over 40 clients in 2017
- Revenue is generated from annual maintenance contracts, currently £68k per annum or 16.3% of revenue, 72% or £304k of revenue comes from service and repair to client’s equipment and the remaining £45k (or 10%) from supply and installation of new equipment
- The largest client accounted for 12.7% of 2017 turnover or £53,141
- The top 10 customers account for 58% of revenue in 2017, whilst the top 20 accounts for 75%. There is a good spread of income from across the client base
- The vendors both work part time in the business and business is now delivered by a very capable team of 4 engineers supported by an excellent admin team.
- The vendors would be replaced by an able General Manager at a cost of £35k full-time.
Products and Services:
- Supply, installation, service, maintenance and repair of commercial catering equipment and facilities
- 2 Directors with 4 full-time engineers and 4 part-time employees in admin and accounts
- Office premises in Essex with easy access to central London and the home counties
- Rent and rates is £9,100 per annum
Reason for sale:
- The Vendors wish to retire from this business and are committed to a full handover of the business to ensure a smooth transition into new ownership.
|Year ending 31st Jan||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018|
Adjusted EBITDA is stated having accounted for the vendor’s replacement cost.