Reference Number: HCM249
– An outstanding opportunity to acquire a highly successful civil & structural consulting engineering company with an impressive record of achievement in Australia and West Africa.
– The company has completed hundreds of commissions in the oil and gas industry and provides a range of high quality engineering services for both greenfield and brownfield projects.
– The company has a wealth of design and construction experience provided by a highly qualified team of civil & structural engineers, designers and steelwork detailers.
– The company has an outstanding reputation for delivering highly challenging and complex projects and regularly designs infrastructure for:
- oil and gas processing plants and pipelines
- offshore platforms
- mines and mineral processing plants
- industrial facilities
– The practice uses advanced 3D BIM software to accurately visualise and evaluate options and present solutions. This model is used throughout the design from concept to fabrication detailing.
– In the last financial year to June 2012 the year on year revenue grew in real terms* by 44.6%. Projected revenue for 2012-13 is $2.46m which will be a year on year growth of 25%.
– The Pre-tax Profits in 2012 were 17% of turnover with adjusted EBITDA for the year of $469,362 which is 24%. Projected Pre-tax profits for 2012-13 are $438k (18%) which converts to an adjusted EBITDA of $550k (22%).
– Primarily operating in the oil and gas sectors, the company has a good spread of clients including a mixture of blue chip oil and gas majors, mining companies, large design and construct contractors, fabricators and consulting engineers.
– The company has a full order book particularly due to its position of trust with several important clients through long association and a reputation for reliable service. These factors are also resulting in an increase in opportunities to tender on projects throughout Australia.
– The business has thus far been built on reputation and referral without the benefit of a structured marketing campaign.
– The business operates from a well situated and well equipped office in North Western Australia.
Products and Services
The company provides a range of engineering services including:
- Front-end engineering
- Project Management
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Structural Detailing
- Offshore Engineering
- Subsea Engineering
– 1 director (sole shareholder), 8 staff including experienced engineers, modellers, draftspersons and detailers. There are three Masters Degrees within the company
– Leasehold Premises for up to 16 staff in NW Australia
Reason for sale:
– To enable the owner to retire no later than March 2014.
|Year ending 30th June||
|Sales revenue (Aus $)||
*In 2010-11 there was a large project with sales revenue of c.£1m which was fulfilled entirely by contractors. In 2011-12 after this project had completed the revenue continued to grow and the underlying sales growth net of this project between 2011 and 2012 was 44.6%.