Reference Number: HHM086
Location: South East UK
Status: UNDER OFFER
- Outstanding opportunity to acquire a well-established building mechanical services company located in South East England (Thames Valley).
- The company offers a complete package of building mechanical services, pipework installation and prefabrication services including process systems for industry, laboratory gasses, pharmaceutical and HVAC building services.
- Founded in 1986, the company is very well established and has long standing and secure relationships with their clients. This is demonstrated by a 95% rate of repeat business from existing clients.
- The company’s client base comprises of a wide variety of businesses including large government trusts, hospitals and educational institutions. They have a framework agreement in place with a large vehicle manufacturing company, covering all their UK plants, and are the preferred mechanical services provider for this company.
- The company has use of a fabrication workshop and undertakes the manufacture of small steel structures such as fire escapes and platforms, etc.
- The company typically undertakes projects up to £2 million in value, subject to the duration of project, and are competent to operate as Principal Contractor on this scale of project.
- They pride themselves on offering a competitive charging structure without compromising on quality craftsmanship and personal service.
- Forecasted sales revenue for the financial year to July 2017 is £3.7m with a gross profit of £739k.
- The company would be an excellent opportunity for a larger company in the same sector and looking for a stronger base in the South East, or for a company looking to diversify into mechanical services.
- Air conditioning
- Ductwork – sheet metal
- Ductwork – plastics
- Kitchen ventilation
- Local exhaust ventilation systems
- Thermal sound engineering
- Water treatment
- Commercial heating and plumbing
- Industrial process pipework
- Prefabricated pipework and plant rooms
- Lloyds Class 1 welding
- Gas fitting
- Underfloor heating
- There are 3 shareholding directors and 24 employees as follows:
- 1 Senior Project/Contracts Manager
- 3 Project/Contract Managers
- 1 Estimator
- 1 Industrial Gas Supply Manager and Driver
- 4 Foremen
- 14 Operatives
- 1700 sq. ft. office area
- 1200 sq. ft workshop
- 2900 sq. ft yard area
- Rent of £26,460 per annum (excl VAT), plus £4,700 rates per annum
Reasons for sale
- The two majority shareholders of the business are at retirement age and would like to exit following an agreed handover period.
|Year End 31 July||2012-13||2013-14||2014-15||2015-16||2016-17 (Forecast)|