Reference Number: HDM036
Location: Midlands UK
Status: Under Offer
- Outstanding opportunity to acquire an established company specialising in the manufacture of high quality, highly bespoke power generating sets and associated switching gear.
- Sales in recent years have ranged from £1.1m to £1.7m with a solid gross profit and EBITDA. The current year has seen a significant increase in demand with several large orders from overseas customers for generator sets.
- Revenue in 2014/15 to October was £3 million. The final total by year end is on target for £3.2 million with several key projects currently underway.
- The company typically exports more than 80% of its products to overseas customers.
- The company, founded in 1964, has a solid trading history of 50 years.
- The company has provided generating sets to a wide diversity of business sectors including agriculture, airports, banks, education and hospitals.
- The company provides a complete turnkey service from the initial assessment of the customer’s requirements through to commissioning and on-going maintenance in the UK. Assistance is optional for overseas commissioning and installations.
- The sale offers an outstanding opportunity for an engineering business or group of investors to acquire a world-renowned specialist in the provision of electrical generating sets with metal fabrication and electrical panel assembly, designed in-house.
Products and Services
- The company specialises in the design, manufacture and installation of power generation equipment for use in either primary or standby applications.
- The company manufactures:
- generating sets – diesel, petrol, gas or marine powered;
- motor generators;
- frequency converters;
- electrical control panels;
- electrical distribution panels;
- low and high voltage panels;
- diesel power packs;
- welding sets;
- pump sets; and
- acoustic enclosures.
- The business operates from a highly accessible location in the Midlands.
- A purpose built 6,380 sq ft factory and office premises are set within a 0.9 acre secure yard served by a comprehensive security system, interior and exterior with central monitoring and remote viewing.
- The current freehold is owned by the Vendor in a separate company. The Vendor is open to selling the property, otherwise the premises are available on a leasehold basis at a rent of £35,000 p.a.
- There is a highly skilled and well trained workforce of 16 employees plus the 2 shareholding directors.
Reason for sale
- The sale has been instructed as the Vendors wish to retire and are currently working part-time. The Managing Director is committed to a smooth handover and as such could be available on a consultancy basis, to be negotiated.
- The directors have also put in place a highly effective management team who will remain with the business.
|YE: 31st Feb||2011/12||2012/13||2013/14||2014/15 forecast|