Specialist Glazing Systems for Historic Buildings Supplier Company For Sale
- A rare opportunity to acquire a well-established, highly profitable and reputable supplier of specialist glass systems for iconic and historic buildings.
- This well-managed business has a clearly defined market, minimal competition and significant potential for growth.
- Currently based in the North of England, the company is being sold without staff or property, and can therefore be easily relocated.
- The company was founded in 2007 when the vendor gained exclusive UK rights for the supply of market-leading glazing systems for the restoration of period buildings.
- All products have an exceptional track record - approximately 100,000 units have been installed in the UK without a single claim for failure.
- All products are manufactured according to the quality standard set out in BS EN 1279, to ensure durability and endurance.
- With a high-profile national and international client base, the company has experienced a steady year-on-year increase in turnover which, for the year ending March 2015, was £557,000 (up 146% from previous year), with an adjusted EBITDA of £189,400 (34%).
- The company is already recognised as the go-to supplier for high-end, high-quality projects for clients including royal palaces, Oxbridge colleges, historic country estates, period homes and attractions.
- The conversion rate from quote to order is approximately 35-40% and order values can be in excess of £100k.
- Since 2014, a second supplier offering simpler, high-quality products has allowed the business to be successfully competitive in the slightly lower end of the market.
- The company ethos is one of sustainability – they are members of the UK Green Building Council.
- The product is well known to architects and specifiers, including large construction firms, who represent their main routes to market.
- The purchase of the business would be a strong acquisition for either:
An upmarket manufacturer of timber windows with an interest in conservation and heritage properties.
A contractor with a significant interest in the refurbishment and restoration of historic buildings.
A construction firm with its own architects’ department which includes the restoration of period properties
or a company with an established (national) sales team which sells other products in the same market sector.
Products and Services
- A range of ultra slim-line double-glazing units incorporating genuine historic glass including cylinder glass and hand-drawn.
- A range of insulating single-glazing units for narrower rebates.
- The MD (vendor), a part-times sales person and a part time Office Manager (none of whom would transfer in the event of a sale).
- Currently based in the centre of a well-known Northern town.
- The sale does not include premises and could be relocated anywhere.
Reason for sale
- The vendor is an entrepreneur who recognises that the company now requires a higher level of sales support, and who wishes to devote his attention to another start-up business.
|Year ending 31st March||2013||2014||2015|
Hornblower have requested an independent appraisal of the business proposition looking specifically at the prospect of obtaining finance on a going concern basis and from the information provided opinion is that subject to fulfilment of all conditions, required by a Credit Committee, an appropriate level of finance is likely to be made available.