Home Interiors Retail Store & Website For Sale

Reference Number: HFS048

Location: South West London, UK

Turnover: £805k

Status: £195k + SAV

Click to download Business Summary PDF

Click to download Non Disclosure Agreement

Business Overview

  • An opportunity to acquire a well-established and profitable home interiors store with a highly desirable prime location in an affluent South West London commuter town along with an excellent e-commerce platform.
  • The business sells high quality Scandinavian and French country style home furnishings and accessories both within its local area but also nationwide via the website.
  • Established for over 14 years, the business has a very strong trading track record.
  • Furniture accounts for approximately 61% of store turnover and accessories for the remaining 39%.
  • Revenue is steady from £779k in YE July 2015 to a forecast £805k in the current financial year. The majority of predicted revenue growth is from websales. These e-commerce transactions have higher net profitability at 15% and this has a positive impact on overall net profitability bringing it to 10% which is strong for the sector.
  • The sale offers an outstanding opportunity for an entrepreneur, an established retailer or group of investors to acquire an established and highly regarded business with prestigious premises in a highly desirable location and a successful and growing e-commerce website.
  • The business has an extensive customer database in the mid to high income segment, a distinctive set of products and strong relationships with suppliers.
  • The business has been streamlined to reflect the trading environment of the past few years and is now set to reap the predicted growth in the interiors market that is set to follow the rapidly improving housing market as those new home owners look to personalise their new properties.
  • The website has particularly strong prospects for growth with the proper marketing support.


  • The business has approximately 1,800 square foot of show room space in a prestigious prime location.


  • The store is run by a Manager and 4 part-time members of staff.
  • The Store Manager is long serving and can run the business day-to-day.

Reason for sale

  • The sale of the business has been instructed as the Vendor has run the business for 14 years and is looking for a new direction. The Vendor is committed to a full handover to ensure smooth transition into new ownership.

Financial overview

Year ending 31st July 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 (Forecast)
Sales revenue £715,564 £700,386 £612,692 £805,203 £779,454 £805,000
Gross profit £221,712 £201,155 £144,313 £204,250 £227,137 £232,800
Percentage 31% 29% 24% 25% 29% 29%
Adjusted EBITDA £85,262 £64,437 £15,340 £66,842 £97,182 £96,790
Percentage 12% 9% 3% 8% 12% 12%
  • Adjusted EBITDA is stated before vendor’s dividend.
Asking Price - £195k + SAV


Request further information on this business